We offer comprehensive, personalized educational counseling services to students locally, around the country, and around the world. We guide our students every step of the way as they navigate the college and university search and application process. Then we help them get accepted to the school that is right for them.Our approach » Our Services »
College Admission Blog
Mark talks about Bates College's 4-4-1 scheduling program.Read More »
Mark talks about the outdoor opportunities offered by attending Bates College.Read More »
Marks goes to the campus of Bates College to talk about its long-standing ethos of diversity and tolerance.Read More »
At Bates College, students have many opportunities to participate in the surrounding community.Read More »
Mark visits Bates College to talk about its required senior thesis and capstone projects.Read More »
Nathan didn't think much about college, but Mark helped kick him into gear.Read More »
An up and coming university, Elon takes care to admit students that will be a good fit.Read More »
College Admissions FAQ
Answers to common questions about the admissions process, applications, essays, and more.
- What Do I Need to Know About SAT Subject Tests?
- Is It “Easier” to Get In If You Apply Early Decision?
- How Are Merit-Based Scholarships Awarded?
- Do College Essays Matter?
- Why Hire An Educational Consultant?
- How Many Colleges Should I Apply To?
- Early Decision or Regular Decision: Which is Better?
- SAT vs. ACT: What is the Real Difference?
- Do Your Students Get Into Their First Choice College?
- Accepted or Rejected? The Envelope Please….
- How Do I Calculate My "Real" GPA?
- If My Grades Are Bad, Can I Still Go To College?
- Division I vs. Division III: Sports as a Job, or Scholar-Athlete?
- Which is Better: AP or IB?
- Higher GPA or Harder Courses?
How should you tackle that short essay about your favorite activity on the Common Application?
Find the right fit. Spend education dollars wisely. Play the admission game like a pro. Get it right the first time. Maintain domestic tranquility.
Student-to-faculty ratios mislead. While they are oft-cited indicators of teaching quality, these ratios have no bearing on an individual student's educational experience.
Good communication with admissions counselors can make or break it for some students. Know when to make the right moves and how to avoid stepping on toes.
A strong LOR is vital to your college application. Getting that outstanding letter of recommendation depends on how you manage the process--and the people.
Summer is a good time to relax and recharge--and prepare for the college admissions process. Learn what you can do to give yourself an edge (and have fun, too!).