Every year Beloit College releases a “mindset” list of interesting cultural tidbits that have influenced the students entering college this fall. Not only does this list make me feel older ever year, but it always makes me wonder how the heck they research this stuff?
Some of my favorites from this year’s include:
- Few in the class know how to write in cursive.
- Los Angelenos have always been trying to get along.
- John McEnroe has never played professional tennis.
- Parents and teachers feared that Beavis and Butt-head might be the voice of a lost generation.
- Fergie is a pop singer, not a princess.
- Computers have never lacked a CD-ROM disk drive.
- Adhesive strips have always been available in varying skin tones.
- Nirvana is on the classic oldies station.
- One way or another, “It’s the economy, stupid” and always has been.