Next week, the Colleges That Change Lives fair will be coming to Denver. The program begins at 7PM on Thursday, August 4th at the Denver Convention Center. There will a 30 minute presentation, then students will have the opportunity to chat with college representatives.
CTCL is a non-profit organization that was developed based on the book written by Loren Pope. The group focusing on helping students find the best college “fit” using criteria beyond name and prestige.
Why should you explore one of the CTCL schools? According to the website, the schools chosen stand out because they offer the following:
- Low student-to-faculty ratios that foster collaboration, engaged learning, and personal attention. Classes are taught by professors, not TAs.
- A commitment to undergraduate education that focuses on the liberal arts and sciences. Opportunities for undergraduate research are prevalent.
- A living and learning environment that is primarily residential and emphasizes the benefits of community, personal growth, participation, and involvement.
- Smaller student enrollments that allow students to be known and recognized as individuals.
- Out-of-classroom learning opportunities that provide students with an added perspective about themselves, their interests, and the global community. Participation in internships, study abroad, service to others, and special interest activities is common and expected.
- Holistic admission policies including several with “test-optional” applications for admission. These schools take into consideration everything about an applicant—not just their numbers on an application.
- Alumni networks that help graduates with professional and career development opportunities as well as foster lifelong friendships based on an involved and engaged undergraduate student experience.
- For many talented and motivated students, CTCL colleges provide the ideal living and learning environment for students to meet and exceed their own expectations for personal intellectual growth—indeed, an experience that changes lives.