Great College Advice offers an introductory service to set you off on the right foot.
Our “Road Map to College” service provides you with the necessary tools and information to arrive at your destination–and even have some fun along the way.
We efficiently and effectively gather the most pertinent information from students and families. We then analyze this information and present our ideas and strategies in a personalized meeting. We give you thoughtful, personalized information to help you get the most of your high school experience–and achieve success in the college admissions process.
We offer Great College Advice on
- Academic planning
- Standardized testing
- Extracurricular strategies
- Choosing the right colleges
You’ll also receive a helpful document to guide you through the process.
Cost of this comprehensive introductory service: Only $450.
With this road map in hand, your family will be better able to determine what sorts of advising services you might need in the coming months and years. Some may need quite a lot, while others will be able to use this “Road Map to College” as the foundation for success in high school and beyond.
- Results of a Myers-Briggs style personality profile
- Results of a career assessment based on the Holland career codes
- A systematic inventory of the student’s academic interests and thoughts about school
- Questionnaires for parents to share their thoughts about their student’s past and future
- Results of an optional–but extensive–aptitude test that uncovers a student’s natural strengths
- A meeting with a college admissions expert to address the primary aspects of college planning, including advice on
- Course planning
- Standardized testing
- Extracurricular involvements
- Finding schools that best fit the student’s needs and preferences
- Answers to your “burning questions” about the college admissions process
- A written “Road Map” explaining on the most important aspects of the college search and application process
- A personalized, written report outlining the major guideposts for the individual student’s college journey (optional; add $200)
This service is suitable for any student at any age
- High school juniors who are just staring to think about college
- High school seniors who probably should have started planning a while back, but are ready to engage
- Younger high school students in 9th and 10th grade who want a jump start on their college journey
- Middle school students who want to get the most from high school and beyond
Scroll down beyond the form to see a video about the Roadmap service.