Pam Gentry is an experienced college admissions consultant, and she heads up our office in Boulder, Colorado.
With a degree in education from Dartmouth College, Pam has been working in K-12 education for more than 10 years and is now using her skills and expertise with students and their families navigate the college admissions process.
An Experienced Educator
Pam is a highly trained and experienced educator. In addition to teaching secondary math, Pam spent 10 years working as a gifted specialist in public schools. She worked with teachers, administrators, parents and–most importantly–students to help each child understand and reach his or her highest potential. Pam approaches students with the whole child in mind. When she looks for best fit colleges, she considers all aspects of the student – affective, academic and more. Pam enjoys developing relationships with her students. This positivity brings an element of fun to the process and allows Pam to elicit authentic, quality applications from her students.
Prior to her work in education, Pam worked in the aerospace industry in data management. In this role, Pam worked with stakeholders, guiding them to meet complex requirements. She brings this attention to detail to her work as a college admissions counselor.
Pam spends her summers visiting colleges and understands the importance of campus feel – the culture and environment so that students feel at home as they pursue their studies. Pam uses her background in educational psychology to identify best fit schools for her students. Pam has helped many students gain entrance to these schools, with her expertise in essay editing, attention to detail with applications, and supporting students in presenting their best selves.
As a top college admissions consultant in Boulder, Pam offers a full range of service to high school students and their families as they navigate the college preparation, selection, and application process. She starts with students at any point, from the eighth grade onward. Given her experience, Pam is especially skilled at working with highly ambitious and gifted students. In addition, she has provided college counseling to international students from Asia and Latin America.
Pam provides the following services as part of her customized advising packages.
- Self-assessment, personality profiles, and aptitude tests
- Academic planning for high school
- Test preparation strategies for the SAT and ACT and other standardized tests
- Calibration of extracurricular involvements
- Summer planning
- Campus visit planning
- Building a balanced college list based on well-structured criteria
- Financial aid and scholarships
- College interview preparation
- Writing and editing the college essay
- College application management
- Admissions deferrals
- Waiting lists
- Making the final decision
- Dartmouth College: BA in Psychology and Education
- University of Colorado, Boulder: M.A. in Educational Psychology
- University of Northern Colorado: Endorsement in Gifted Education
- IECA: Summer Training Institute for college admissions consultants
Pam is a member of the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA), a professional association dedicated to guiding students through the transition from high school to higher education. She is recognized as one of the top college admissions consultants in Boulder, but she works with students from around the country and around the world.