Pam Gentry is an experienced college admissions consultant, and she heads up our office in Boulder, Colorado. With a degree in education from Dartmouth College, Pam has been working in K-12 education for more than 10 years and is now using her skills and expertise with students and their families navigate the college admissions process.
An Experienced Educator
Pam is a highly trained and experienced educator. In addition to teaching secondary math, Pam spent 10 years working as a gifted specialist in public schools. She worked with teachers, administrators, parents and–most importantly–students to help each child understand and reach his or her highest potential. Pam approaches students with the whole child in mind. When she looks for best fit colleges, Pam considers all aspects of the student – affective, academic and more.
As a top college admissions consultant in Boulder, Pam offers a full range of service to high school students and their families as they navigate the college preparation, selection, and application process. She starts with students at any point, from the eighth grade onward. Given her experience, Pam is especially skilled at working with highly ambitious and gifted students. In addition, she has provided college counseling to international students from Asia and Latin America.
Pam provides the following services as part of her customized advising packages.
- Self-assessment, personality profiles, and aptitude tests
- Academic planning for high school
- Test preparation strategies for the SAT and ACT and other standardized tests
- Calibration of extracurricular involvements
- Summer planning
- Campus visit planning
- Building a balanced college list based on well-structured criteria
- Financial aid and scholarships
- College interview preparation
- Writing and editing the college essay
- College application management
- Admissions deferrals
- Waiting lists
- Making the final decision
- Dartmouth College: BA in Psychology and Education
- University of Colorado, Boulder: M.A. in Educational Psychology
- University of Northern Colorado: Endorsement in Gifted Education
- IECA: Summer Training Institute for college admissions consultants
Pam is a member of the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA), a professional association dedicated to guiding students through the transition from high school to higher education. She is recognized as one of the top college admissions consultants in Boulder, but she works with students from around the country and around the world.
Pam lives in Broomfield, CO, halfway between Denver and Boulder. A native of Greenwich, CT, Pam moved to beautiful Colorado to enjoy the great skiing. Pam, her husband and two children enjoy skiing and hiking in the mountains whenever possible. Pam loves reading, attending the theater, travelling around the country, and in her rare free moments, walking in the nearby open space listening to her favorite podcast, This American Life.
If you would like to connect directly with the best college admissions consultant in Boulder, please complete our contact form.