Let the hand shaking begin! Alumni interviews are in full swing. I have one client that has two just this week. USNews published a great article, 9 Tips for Mastering Alumni Interviews which provides some great advice from Alumni who have been conducting interviews for some very competitive colleges.
As the article states, this is your chance to show the school information about you beyond you application. Don’t be afraid to elaborate on something that you are proud of.
My favorite tip? Don’t forget to thank the person for their time. It is so important to acknowledge that the person interviewing you is a volunteer. They are doing this because they love where they went to college. Be sure to say “thank you” during the interview and follow up with a hand written note.
Alumni Interview Tips
- What Does Test Optional Mean? It Means Take the Tests
- Malaysian student says Great College Advice has been “the highlight of my college application journey”
- The College Admissions Process and Covid-19–More Subjective Than Ever
- Expert Advice Matters for Admission to Top Universities
- College Essay About Academic Interests