Interested in learning a little more about your peers who will be entering college? Check out the “The American Freshman: National Norms Fall 2011” for some interesting tidbits including:
- Students enrolling at their first choice college has declined since 2006.
- Incoming first-year women use social network sites more often than men
- Students cite “better job prospects” as the number one reason to attend college
- This year’s incoming freshman class has more liberal views
- Compared to 2010 more students report that as high-school seniors they “frequently” took notes in class
- More incoming students expect that as college students they will discuss course content outside of class
For more information you can also look at the New York Times “The Choice” blog.