If you’re looking for a great mid size private college with the perks of a larger school, consider ITHACA COLLEGE in upstate New York.
With 6400 undergrads, it’s much larger than many of the small liberal arts colleges (think- 1500 undergrads) but its average class size is still an intimate 17.
While it is a private college and the total cost of attendance is $48,000 (including tuition, room and board), it’s worth noting that 90% of the students receive some kind of aid. Which means that only 10% of the study body is actually paying $48,000.
According to Admissions, the average grant (ie, money you don’t have to pay back) an Ithaca student receives is $14,000. These grants are both merit and need based.
There are five “schools” to which an undergrad can apply to at Ithaca:
- School of Business
- Park School of Communications
- Health Sciences and Human Performance
- Humanities and Sciences
Other great aspects of Ithaca include:
- The undergrad business school uses the same software that’s used by the NY stock exchange. Thanks to a generous alumni donation, students even use real money in their trading.
- The Parks Communication School ranks at the top of all communication schools.
- At Parks, there’s a new major: Emerging Media.
- Eleven of the buildings are connected by hallways and tunnels so you can avoid the cold.
- Doing your laundry is FREE.
Educational Consultant in Syracuse, New York