Great College Advice® seeks energetic, engaging, and experienced professionals to join an expanding global practice offering the finest educational consulting.
1. INTEGRITY The Great College Advice team demystifies the often ambiguous college preparation, selection, and application process and delivers our guidance with thoughtfulness, integrity, and professionalism.
2. PERSONALIZATION Great College Advice provides personalized counseling tailored to each student and family. We share our advice in a positive and collaborative manner that encourages students to embrace their educational futures with optimism and an open mind.
3. EXPERTISE The Great College Advice team shares our knowledge, expertise, and constant curiosity to help individual students and their families maximize their educational opportunities.
4. LEARNING Our process encourages students to learn more about their academic interests, their professional possibilities, themselves as human beings, and the world around them. We strive to inspire them to expand their horizons and their love of learning.
5. TRANSFORMATION We guide our students through a transformational experience. We help them articulate their needs, desires, and aspirations so as to pursue them in college and beyond.
We share these values
- Intellectual inquiry
- Unbridled curiosity
- Ethical behavior, both personal and professional
- A dedication to the Common Good, both for our company and for the world in which we live
- A spirit of sharing and collaboration
We share these attributes
- Informed about our profession and about our world
- Flexible and adaptable
- Friendly and outgoing
- A sense of humor
- An appreciation for fun in every aspect of life
We possess these skills
We possess these skills:
- Excellent oral communication
- Outstanding writing abilities
- Research abilities
- Technological savvy
- Comfortable use of data statistics
We seek enthusiastic, entrepreneurial individuals who are eager to succeed as an educational consultant. Specific experience as a consultant are not required; however, we value those who come to us with relevant experience working with young people in an educational setting.
Educational consultants who already have a successful practice also are encouraged to inquire about associating with Great College Advice. Consultants may work full or part-time. As a national and global practice, we welcome inquiries from all over the country and all over the world.
If you are interested in becoming part of our dynamic team, please forward a letter of interest highlighting your qualifications to Dr. Mark Montgomery at jobs [at] greatcollegeadvice [dot] com (no phone calls, please).
Along with your letter, please include the following:
- A current resume highlighting the qualities you bring to educational consulting;
- Two writing samples of about 500 words each that demonstrate your ability to write for professional purposes (you may choose to write an article on some aspect of educational consulting or on your general philosophy of educational consulting);
- The names and contact information of two references that can speak to your suitability to work with students and their families on their educational plans. Inquiries will be held in strictest confidence.
All inquiries will be acknowledged. Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of our team.