Best College Admissions Advice For Everyone
One meeting does it all. Get the best college admission advice from a team of experts. We have worked with hundreds of students, and can help you develop a college plan–quickly and at low cost.
The Roadmap to College sets you off in the right direction.
- Thinking about college?
- Unsure where to begin?
- Considering college planning services, but not convinced you really need them?
- Wondering how you stack up?
Our introductory service gives you the tools and information to set your college GPS–and move confidently toward your educational future.
We efficiently and effectively gather the most pertinent information from students and families. We then analyze this information and present our ideas and strategies in a personalized meeting. We give you thoughtful, personalized information to help you get the most of your high school experience–and achieve success in the college admissions process.
It’s the best college admission advice–and a great value.
A single meeting does it all
- Academic planning in high school
- Standardized testing strategies (SAT/ACT)
- Evaluation of your extracurricular activities
- Ideas for choosing the right colleges
With this roadmap in hand, your family will be better able to determine what sorts of advising services you might need in the coming months and years. Some may need quite a lot, while others will be able to use this “Roadmap to College” as the foundation for success in high school and beyond.
No matter if your student is aiming for the Ivy League (e.g., Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Dartmouth), or if your main aim is to reduce the cost of college, or if your student is a star athlete hoping to play in college, or if learning differences are a factor in your choice of colleges, or if your student is a late bloomer trying to figure out what would be the best fit for the future, we can help create a plan for success.
A parent shares the benefits of the Roadmap to College service
- Results of a career assessment based on the Holland career codes
- A systematic inventory of the student’s academic interests and thoughts about school
- Questionnaire for parents to share their thoughts about their student’s past and future
- Results of an optional–but extensive–aptitude test that uncovers a student’s natural strengths (add $50) and points toward career options
- A 60-90 minute meeting with a college admissions expert to address the primary aspects of college planning, including advice on
- Course planning
- Standardized testing
- Extracurricular involvements
- Finding schools that best fit the student’s needs and preferences
- Answers to your “burning questions” about the college admissions process
- Recommendations for creating a “college action plan” that leads to long term success
Cost? Only $450. What are the benefits of the Roadmap to College?
- An honest assessment of the student’s current strengths and weaknesses: academic, extracurricular, and personal
- Strategies for expanding on those strengths and shoring up those weaknesses
- A clear picture of the sorts of schools that might suit the student best
- An understanding of what you might stress (or deemphasize) on the application
- Indications of what majors and possible career paths might be most suitable for the student
- A calm voice to help you focus on what is truly important for high school, for college, and beyond
Who should get the Roadmap to College?
This service is suitable for students and families at any point in the process. We provide an expert, outside perspective to college planning, no matter how far away the applications might be. You get the best college admissions advice in an efficient and affordable service.
- High school juniors who are just staring to think about college
- High school seniors who probably should have started planning a while back, but are ready to engage
- Younger high school students in 9th and 10th grade who want a jump start on their college journey
- Middle school students who want to get the most from high school and beyond
Need more or different kinds of help? We’ve got you covered.
The Roadmap to College is the best college admissions advice you can buy. And it’s the best way to assess your need for further consultation. For example, some families choose to continue with a comprehensive package of one-on-one advising services to guide them through the entire process. The cost of the Roadmap to College will be folded into the cost of a complete package. Learn more here.
Other families may have more focused, targeted needs, and we offer a variety of services to meet the needs of every student and family. Learn more here.