College Admissions Advising
The Best College Admissions Planning Packages that Fit Your Needs
Great College Advice guides you through the entire admissions process, from assessing your needs, building a college list, developing an application strategy, to writing awesome essays.
Great College Advice offers three all-inclusive packages of college planning services.
Our “Premium Package” includes all the following college planning services:
- A suite of academic, personality, and career assessments
- Recommendations on class choices and extracurricular focus
- A custom college list
- Strategies to reduce the cost of college
- Standardized testing strategy and timeline
- Guidance for teacher recommendations
- Advice on campus visits and researching colleges
- Admissions interview prep, plus a mock interview
- Application timeline to meet deadlines and stay organized
- Brainstorming, structuring, and editing of the primary personal statement
- Assistance with five additional essays
- Line-by-line review of the applications prior to submission
This college planning service takes the most holistic approach and best suits students aiming for the most competitive colleges and universities in the US. It is also perfect for families simply desiring an extra level of personalized guidance. Students receive additional substantive strategic guidance on how to craft an appealing application, as well as tactical advice on essays, supplements, communications with colleges, and interviews to improve chances of admission.
Most notably, this package of Great College Advice provides assistance with a larger number of essays and writing supplements. These supplement are key differentiating factors in the applications to the most competitive institutions.
The Elite Package includes all the college planning services in the “Premier Package,” plus the following:
- Strategic guidance to improve a student’s chances to enter the most selective universities (e.g., Ivy League, Stanford, MIT, and the top 25 liberal arts colleges)
- Regular check-ins to help students expand their academic and extracurricular accomplishments
- Recommendations on summertime opportunities to amplify the student’s record of achievement
- One-on-one guidance with complex essays required for highly selective universities (up to 25 essays)
- Assistance with additional applications for scholarships or honors programs (up to 2),
For those students who seek personalized assistance with the final pieces of the college application process, this package is for you! Students who have some general ideas about their goals when they come to us receive the following college planning services one-on-one with a great college advisor:
- A suite of academic, personality, and career assessments.
- Refinement of the student’s existing college list.
- A full review of all student information and documents.
- Development of an application strategy.
- Application timeline to meet deadlines and stay organized.
- Brainstorming and editing assistance for primary personal statement.
- Assistance with five additional essays.